Homepage     Community     Projects     Portfolio     RPG Directory     FAQ     
CT:EG Update (11.16.20): New RP thread can be found ( Here ) ~ RP Tools link ( Here )
Current User: Guest Login Register
Please consider registering

Search 

++ Combat: Roly Poly (Juna/Mira)

Add a New Topic Reply to Post
UserPost

1:12 pm
August 20, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

Combat: Roly Poly
The weather was mild, sun shining from above, it's warmth soothing to any would be travelers. The crunching sound of rustling leaves cut through the calm air of Truce Canyon. In the distance rolling back and forth two fiends appeared to be almost playful, seemingly unaware of their surroundings. They varied in color but appeared the same in size and shape. Make no mistake about it, they were fiends and would attack anyone on sight.

Stats are relative to your own, as you two are both new. I keep my posts relatively short in these, though by all means I don't expect that of you. I will react and set any staging needed. If you have quests feel free to ask me via the chat.

Known Statistics
Roly ~ Defense: 2, Evasion: 5.
Poly ~ Defense: 3, Evasion: 4.

Battle Calculator: http://dystopiapro.com/rptools/

8:54 am
August 22, 2014

Juna

posts 17

Juna'd heard of a problem with a couple of creatures bothering travellers so she decided she would help put an end to it with the help of another she'd met. The crossbowoman didn't know this person very well, but figured this would be a good time to learn a bit more about her, though so far she wasn't in sight. Maybe I'm just not far enough up the path?  She repositioned her crossbow in her hand to fit a bit more comfortably as she scanned the area, green eyes trying to see into the trees for the troublemakers that she'd have to put down. Who knew? Maybe she would get some hides out of these two.
    Thankfully the weather was nice enough she didn't have to leave her coat at the Inn, especially since it's pockets, both inside and out, helped to store handy things, like the odd stone to use to catch critters' attention. … Yeah. I'll go with that. Just to catch their attention… She thought, as she picked up another fifth sparkling stone that day. It was a bad habit of hers, looking for rocks that were smooth, opaque, quartz-like, or otherwise just plain interesting. At least this path seemed to be pretty bare so she wouldn't be laden down with them. As she stood again, some plain rocks caught her eye and, after a moment's thought, grabbed them, too. Who knew, maybe she'd actually need to use them to distracted.

OOC Talk:
Intro post, really. Wasn't quite sure how to start it other than 'RAR, BATTLE! *Pewpewpew*'

HP: 64/64 ~ MP: 12/12

These Words: 248
Total Words: 248

Want to double check or otherwise peek at my profile? Go for it!

12:02 am
August 23, 2014

Mira

posts 81

Post edited 10:22 pm – March 31, 2015 by Mira

Combat: Roly Poly – Early Rise

A product of her time, Mira wasn't one to relax. There was always a lot to do, so when hearing about a fiend problem, she was quick to volunteer. She never ran away from a fight. She was glad another volunteered. Mira wasn't afraid of fighting alone, but it was often best to have at least one person with you.

She woke up early that day. She questioned other early risers about where she was going and the creatures she would be fighting. More than a few of them were uncomfortable being questioned by a “half naked,” aggressive woman.

Neither were really the case. She wore far less than what was proper. Her furs left her shoulders, arms, midriff, and most of her back bare. She also showed a good amount of cleavage. Her legs were bare, but after hearing about Truce Canyon's morning climate, she went back to the room to switch to leather pants. She also wore a pack on her back. It contained jerky, nuts, dried fruit, water, and tonics. As for being aggressive, she only appeared aggressive because she wasn't shy about getting into one's personal space, especially when she had questions. The face tattoos, lack of clothing, and defined muscles didn't help. People answered her questions quickly to get her to leave.

Now she was on the hunt. Though Mira was happy that Juna was there, as it turned out, Mira did not know what to do about it. She had been hunting on her own for months now. The last time she hunted in groups was back home, and that was with people she knew for years. She did not know Juna beyond gossip. She decided to let Juna set the pace. Mira moved erratically as she followed. Sometimes she was behind Juna. Other times she moved ahead of her. She often sprang up a boulder, moving with the grace of a cat. Rarely was she actually next to Juna.

“Juna like pretty rocks?” Mira was currently perched on the large boulder, using it to get a better view of the area. She gestured as she spoke. Her speech was simple, but her language was not. Gesture, body movement, and expression all added details to her words. Most of the meaning, however, had long ago been lost in time.

OOC Talk:

HP: 80/80~ MP: 4/4

Words: 385 ~ Total Words: 385

8:00 am
August 23, 2014

Juna

posts 17

Post edited 7:14 pm – August 23, 2014 by dystopia

The stones were just going into her pocket when she heard the question, causing her to yelp and whirl around, bow clattering to the ground. Heart pounding and heat rising to her cheeks, the brunette knew that her partner was out there, but she just couldn't see the the woman. Oh. There she was, on top of a rather large rock. It didn't seem to be quite the right size to be called a boulder, but what did she know? Juna spent most of her time in the woods, so she knew a bit more about trees than rocks. Other than the shiny ones in her other pocket.
    Embarrassed, Juna felt the heat flare more in her cheeks, “You shouldn't sneak up on a person like that,” she flustered, drawing in on herself, abashed at not noticing the cavewoman. “Y-You should give some warning!” She turned back around, coat ends flaring slightly as she did so. A few hurried steps forward were reversed as she realized her bow was almost forgotten on the ground. Juna'd forgotten how much skin was shown by the woman and to see her perched like that was… interesting. She really couldn't help but envy the woman's definition, however, and found herself pining slightly to have a developed body like that.
    She wandered for a few moments before shaking herself out of her reverie. She had a job to do! And she was going to get it done! … With help of course. No way she could get it done alone. The path was still a bit bare, but there was still the odd tree along the way. So she wears furs! Big deal! Quit getting distracted. … Nn. She fidgeted in her own head, trying to avoid arguing with herself. There's nothing there you haven't seen before. … it's so toned… Shush! No more! Lalalalaaaa!!! Her inner thoughts were breaking out as she grumbled, embarrassment hung heavy on her mind like a pendulum. She realized she hadn't actually answered the question that was asked, “And yes, I do like pretty rocks!” she huffed as she double her march speed. Ugh, how embarrassing to get caught off guard. And such a great way to get acquainted by someone!

OOC Talk:
Not really keeping up with the level yet. I think I'm technically up to 3 now? I dunno how the level paradox works just yet. And I can't get my post to agree with meeee ;^^^;
Words: 379 ~ Total Words: 627

12:22 pm
August 23, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

The muffled sounds of chattering drifted through the forested canyon, making it's way to the ears of the Roly and Poly. Play time was over, the fiends would seek out the source of the talking and ambush whoever they found. Rolling across the ground, the creatures moved fast creating a bustle of their own as they cycled rhythmically towards Juna and Mira. The fiends stopped short, un-rolling themselves as the neared the clearing. Eyeing the two wanderers they waited.

Use the stats on your profile as it is now, you don't 'level up' until RPs are completed and you gain experience for them. You two can have the first attack(s)

Known Statistics

9:27 pm
August 23, 2014

Mira

posts 81

Post edited 10:23 pm – March 31, 2015 by Mira

Combat: Roly Poly – The Battle Begins

“Mira sorry.” She really had not meant to startle the other woman. She felt a bit bad as Juna fumbled. As Juna continued to walk, Mira climbed down the boulder, landing on a rock near it. She jumped to the path and followed Juna.

“Juna's time. People in Truce talk. Juna strong hunter.” It was probably a bit awkward to bring it up now, but Mira thought it was only fair to tell the other woman she had heard of her.

As they got to a clearing, Mira spotted another shiny rock. She took a step towards it. Giving it to Juna would further emphasize her apology. Before she could take another step though, she heard something coming towards them. She took a defensive stance, soon seeing the roly-polies head towards them. Mira ran towards the first one, jumping towards it, punching with her fists. She then quickly moved away before it could retaliate, and so Juna to make her attack.

OOC Talk:

HP: 80/80 ~ MP: 4/4
Your attack was successful! You deal 8 to your opponent!
Evade: 0.5 ~ Evade Roll: 18 ~ Critical: 2.75 ~ Critical Roll:93

Good idea with putting the bio link in the post template. I'll do that myself.

Words: 161 ~ Total Words: 546

Mira's Bio

3:38 am
August 24, 2014

Juna

posts 17

Post edited 3:07 pm – August 26, 2014 by Juna

“Mira sorry.” Juna's shoulders tightened at those two words. Now she felt bad about the outburst and fidgeted with her bow as she thought of what to say as she walked. Yes, she was caught horribly off-guard and she shouldn't have exploded like that, but how else was she supposed to react? … A little kinder, and more thought-out, probably… “Juna's time,” the cavewoman started, “People in Truce talk. Juna strong hunter.” Juna's cheeks flared yet again and she uncharacteristically shrank into her coat as a grin fought to stay on her face at the compliment. Of course they spoke of her, she brought them fresh meat, great-quality skins…
    Wait. She needed to say something good about the other huntress! But what could she say? She was terrible with these things! The brunette tugged on her single braid thoughtfully, wondering what to do. They had just entered another clearing when she heard the noise and jumped to attention – whatever it was was nearly on top of them and she hadn't noticed at all that something was coming until the last moment. Two balls, green and reddish brown, rolled up onto the scene and then paused, unfurling to reveal two leathery creatures, eyeballing them with no small amount of tension.
    Thankfully Mira was quick to react, obvious years of such hunting and attention springing into action as she sprung toward the two creatures that had appeared. Juna's hand swung up, trained eye sighting down the crossbow as she looked for a weakness to exploit. Maybe… There! It was just a couple beats after Mira jumped away from the green one that her bolt flew. It struck, but appeared to be just glancing. “Tch,” she looked up from her bow to re-survey the screen as they rolled into action, no pun intended. I wonder what they are… Mammals? Reptiles? Can we get them skinned..?  Her mind went into merchant mode as she watched them, wondering what kind of price she could get from the remains.

OOC Talk:
It's actually in my signature, but it being in the postscript is a good idea :o
Also, is it bad that I pair these two so hard now? xD

Your attack was successful! You deal 3 to your opponent!
Evade: 0.75 ~ Evade Roll: 37 ~ Critical: 1.75 ~ Critical Roll:68

Words: 341 ~ Total Words: 968

7:16 pm
August 25, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

A gust of wind cut through the canyon, sending the trees swaying in a brief frenzy as battle ensued. The fiends were slow to react, unable to fend off the successive attacks from the passers through. The Roly was first to act, uncurling from it's ball like form just long enough to eye the battleground before curling back and with a burst of rolling speed which thrust it's spherical form into Mira quickly like a rubber ball. The Poly was not far behind, following with the same devious intent, slamming it's curled body into Mira.

Roly attacks Mira for 6 damage, Poly attacks Mira for 4 damage.

Known Statistics

11:42 pm
August 25, 2014

Mira

posts 81

Post edited 10:24 pm – March 31, 2015 by Mira

Combat: Roly Poly – Counterattack

Mira was so used to hunting with people she knew that it was not until after the fight had started that it really occurred to her that they should strategize. Landing on her feet, she saw a bolt already flying. She saw it strike the same creature she had just attacked. Good. Take out one, and the other is left to attack alone. Mira smiled. She and Juna worked well together. It may have been “just glancing,” but Mira had no idea this was a disappointing hit for Juna. Not having the talent for a ranged weapon, she was impressed.

Despite being injured, the creature was much faster than Mira had anticipated. The Roly knocked her off her feet. She landed on her back, though she managed not to hit her head. As it rolled away, she saw the Poly rushing towards her. Not having time to get up, she braced herself as it hit. It seemed, the fiends had the same strategy.

She jumped to her feet, stumbling slightly due to injury. That was a mistake. Her legs were sore, and a strong painful stinging sensation let her know she had scraped her back. She should have gotten up more carefully, but the middle of battle was no time for regrets. She ran towards the Roly. She aimed for where it had already been injured, quickly punching. She moved away, running this time instead of jumping.

OOC Talk:

HP: 70/80 ~ MP: 4/4
Your attack was successful! You deal 8 to your opponent!
Evade: 0.5 ~ Evade Roll: 60 ~ Critical: 2.75 ~ Critical Roll:44

Not bad at all. I was thinking the same. Mira is married, though they are 65 million years apart now. Mira could also probably add someone to the relationship, being higher ranked than her husband.

Words: 238 ~ Total Words: 784

Mira's Bio

6:42 pm
August 27, 2014

Juna

posts 17

Post edited 1:48 am – September 2, 2014 by Juna

Green eyes widened in surprise as the green one shot forward, seemingly ignoring her bolt and Mira's landed blow, amazed that they could roll so fast. Throwing her jacket open, she fished wildly for another bolt, somehow unprepared for the attack, and felt a painful jolt in her stomach at the smack-thud sound they made as they came into contact with Mira. Faaa, I hope she's– Okay, good. She's up. Juna never liked seeing her hunting partners get hurt, especially when she was unprepared.
    The brunette shook her braid off her shoulder and locked in another bolt, trying to sight it down at the green one again, but it was just a bit too fast and the bolt flew at the brown one instead. Swearing, she looked up to see if it stuck or not. An excited victory cheer broke out of her as she saw it stuck fast in brown one's hide, but then her excitement was quickly quelled — did that damage the hide? Was it still sellable?

OOC Talk:
Awesome :D We shall have to see how this goes :3 And always the merchant, silly Juna, heh.

These Words: 174
Total Words: 1142

12:05 pm
August 28, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

The Roly unleashed a beastly cry as the crossbow bolt struck it's side. It's feet went out quickly and the creature tumbled over defeated. The remaining foe shook in anger as it's ally was stricken dead by the hands of it's attackers. It's rage rising the creature assumed it's compacted form and with an anger driven burst hurled itself across the short distance like a cannon ball. The Poly hit hard, it's body smashing into Juna with a force enough to send the woman stumbling.

Poly attacks Juna for 7 damage.

Known Statistics

10:42 pm
August 29, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

I fixed it, I will delete all the posts besides this one until Mira posts.

6:02 pm
August 30, 2014

Mira

posts 81

Combat: Roly Poly – Angry Attacks  

This time, Mira did not see Juna's attack. She saw the result though, and a faint smile crossed her lips as the Roly fell. She knew though, that it could make the other one more dangerous. She did not know the nature of relationship between the two fiends. Friends? Family? Mates? From what she had heard in town, at the very least, they had been working together to attack people for a while now. She watched the Poly shake in anger, and the attack quickly followed. She saw it heading towards Juna.

Mira followed after, though she wasn't quick enough to actually do anything. Even as she ran towards it, she saw it hitting Juna. Ignoring the pain of her injuries, she put her strength into jumping on to the creature. She didn't know if it was try to follow up the attack with another. She worried that it might, in its danger, find the strength to do so. She landed hard on the Poly, quickly following up with a few punches. She made almost a growling hiss as she attacked. Then she jumped off the fiend.

“Juna?” She was concerned about the huntress, not knowing how injured she was. Mira wasn't usually one to talk during battle, but the spoken word seemed so important to these people.

OOC Talk:

Hmm, you mentioend fixing it, but it looks the same to me. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. Anyway, as you can see, I posted anyway. Lol.

Juna, check your words total. You went from 968 to 764.

You landed a critical attack! You deal 17 to your opponent!
Evade: 0.5 ~ Evade Roll: 68 ~ Critical: 3.25 ~ Critical Roll:3

Words: 216 ~ Total Words: 1000

Mira's Bio

6:47 pm
September 1, 2014

Juna

posts 17

Post edited 1:48 am – September 2, 2014 by Juna

Juna grinned and let out a whoop of victory as the bolt pierced the creature's hide in, apparently, a key location and it keeled over. Her victory was short-lived, however, and her face fell as the other let out a howl of rage. “Ah, fuaaugh!” She tried to dodge, but sadly didn't get out of the way in time and got bowled over, scraping her arm in the process. Hissing as it stung, Juna managed to clamber up in time to see Mira latch onto it, making a few choice connections in the process. Shaking her hair off her face, she pulled her now-ruined ponytail out and quickly shook it out, letting it fall where it wanted. Thankfully her glasses weren't damaged – just how good were the physicians in this time anyway? She didn't really want to find out.
    With a growl, the pain in her forearm only serving to make her angry, she sighted her crossbow again, trying to sight a choice place to hit. “You little bastard…” She was glad her coat didn't get damaged either, somehow the sleeve managed to get pushed up as she collapsed. As the bolt flew, she saw it only knicked the creature's hide. Huffing in annoyance, she took a quick look at her gloved palm to see it had been damaged in the fall, but not very badly – it would still work for it's purpose for another while longer.

OOC Talk:
I'll finish the edit, it's almost the same, it was just edited so that the green one got hit instead.
And thanks for catching that for the miscount on total words. 

These Words: 243
Total Words: 1385

8:35 pm
September 1, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

The Poly was hurled in a fit of pain by Mira's powerful attacks, a successive series of punches which nearly defeated the creature in a single go. Attempting to right itself it was struck again my a bolt and sent tumbling once more. Near death's doorstep the creature lifted it's body and with it's last shred of energy hurled itself like a ball at Mira. Tumbling through the air the creature toppled slightly and missed it's target, landing hard prone to attack.

Poly attacks Mira, Dodged. Mira a successful attack by you will end this fight.

Known Statistics

10:14 pm
September 1, 2014

Mira

posts 81

Combat: Roly Poly – Dodge and Attack

Mira saw Juna get up and quickly make use of her crossbow. It struck the creature, which is now struggling. It moved to attack her, but Mira was able to get out of the way. Watching it struggle cooled her anger. The Poly had fought with bravery and strength, but the battle is coming to a close.

The barbarian charged at the fiend, attacking again with her fists. She moved away before she had time to see the results of her attack. Creatures close to death could be at their most dangerous.

OOC Talk:

After this, want to have Juna and Mira go out and celebrate? Either in this thread, or with starting a new thread. If Juna is not really the celebrating type, Mira could always drag her to a tavern.

Your attack was successful! You deal 7 to your opponent!
Evade: 0.5 ~ Evade Roll: 81 ~ Critical: 3.25 ~ Critical Roll:53

Words: 92 ~ Total Words: 1092

Mira's Bio

10:26 pm
September 1, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

I'll update this tomorrow as I'm about to head off. I just wanted to suggest that perhaps the three of us could do a follow up RP, I already mentioned it to Juna. Perhaps meeting in the Tavern would suit to start?

2:27 pm
September 2, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

Alright update time.
——————————–
Mira recieves ~ 1492 XP, 15 TP, 150 Gold, Tonic
Juna recieves ~ 1785 XP, 18 TP, 150 Gold, Tonic 

Reply to Post

Reply to Topic: ++ Combat: Roly Poly (Juna/Mira)

NOTE: New Posts are subject to administrator approval before being displayed

Guest Name (Required):

Guest EMail (Required):

Topic Reply:

Save New PostSmileys

Guest URL (required)

Math Required!
What is the sum of:
4 + 12

Confused Cool Cry Embarassed Frown Kiss Laugh Smile Surprised Wink Yell

Search 

Forum Stats: ( Topics: 101 ) :: ( Posts: 864 )

Membership Stats: 1 Admin, 1 Moderator, 34 Members, 21 Guests

Most Users Online: ( 58 )

Currently Online: 4 Guests,