Homepage     Community     Projects     Portfolio     RPG Directory     FAQ     
CT:EG Update (11.16.20): New RP thread can be found ( Here ) ~ RP Tools link ( Here )
Current User: Guest Login Register
Please consider registering

Search 

++ Return to Guardia Cathedral (Jonas/Soren)

Add a New Topic Reply to Post
UserPost

5:37 pm
September 2, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

Return to Guardia Cathedral

The night was young, the pink haze from the waning sun still visible along the western horizon. The road was quiet, albeit the soothing chirps of faraway crickets. Jonas walked calmly, reflecting on his past weeks, remembering his home and the adventurers he had undertaken in his own time. In the distance, obstructed by the gentle twilight sway of trees the Cathedral stood tall, a testament to the spirit of the age. He could remember it's ruins vividly, and knew deep inside there lay an evil that Truce was unaware of. Crono would come to this place soon, he knew, but it's mystery would not show itself to that fabled explorer of time.
   ” We should probably dawn our robes pretty soon, if we intend to infiltrate this place and find out exactly what that book is all about. ” Jonas broke the silence, tilting his head towards his friend as he spoke. ” Clearly we play some role in this. Crono will come to the Cathedral himself and clear it, but what is our place in it's tale? ” He spoke rhetorically, clear that neither he or Soren knew the answer to such a question, only that something sinister drove them back to the Cathedral.
Jonas stopped, turning back towards Truce, it's lights visible in the night. He wondered if he would ever return to his home, if this Cathedral would be his tomb for all time. 'No, I would have recognized my own bones had I come upon them!' the thought rushed through his head. As it was, he could not turn back now, the pull of the unknown had a firm grasp upon his soul and he would obey it until his last breath was grasped.

OOC Talk:
Words: 290 ~ Total Words: 290

6:30 pm
September 2, 2014

sanarian

posts 47

Post edited 1:31 am – September 3, 2014 by sanarian

It was a beautiful start to the night, the haze of the setting sun still visible along the horizon in the distance. Save for the sound of crickets chirping in the distance, or the occasional hoot of an owl it was silent as well. Soren walked next to his friend, matching his pace. Over his right shoulder was a strap that held up his traveling pack, one of the few things he had with him when they ventured into the past. Within it were various essentials, along with a set of robes they had retrieved from the ruins of the cathedral.
   When they journeyed into the past they had been afforded a rare opportunity: to get answers about the mysterious tome directly from the source. While infiltrating the catacombs they lurked beneath Guardia Cathedral was risky, neither of them were the type to easily be deterred when it came to adventure. Thus they had found themselves here, approaching the cathedral in the dead of night.
   “You’re right,” Soren said and reached up to remove his pack from his shoulder, setting it gently upon the dirt road. After that he knelt down and opened the pack, rummaging through its contents for a few items. Once he found them he quickly removed the dark robes from his pack, along with a pair of sheathed long daggers that had boot straps for convenience. “I don’t know, Jonas, all I can say is that it feels a bit like fate.” Soren picked up one of the long daggers, still in its sheath, and tossed it to his good friend. “I’m not comfortable venturing in there without a weapon, but our equipment would likely attract a bit too much attention.”
   It was then that he stood up and undid the pair of belts around his waist, and removed his trademark coat, stuffing them into his pack. After that he pulled the dark robes over his head, rolling his shoulders a bit in an attempt to be rid of some of the wrinkles from sliding it over his clothes. It wasn’t a perfect fit, but it would have to do. “We should find somewhere safe to stash our equipment.”

OOC Talk:
{W:336}{T:336}

10:07 pm
September 3, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

Soren's comment came like a wave of fear over Jonas, the realization that they would have to enter the Cathedral without their weapons. His blade was his safety cushion, he could always rely on it, but without it he was unsure.
   ” you're right, but I really do like it. I feel like we're going in there naked. ” Jonas commented as he pulled his own satchel from around his shoulder and set it at his feet. ” They'll never buy us with swords on our back though… ” He trailed off as he lifted the scabbard and harness which held his iron blade from his back and sat it next to his satchel at his feet.
Kneeling, Jonas opened the flap of his bag and with a quick search pulled the ocher robe which he had kept. The robe smelled musty, four hundred years of build up, but he could weather it.
   ” Let's just stash our blades over behind that tree. ” Jonas spoke up pointing to a tall willow, now fully cloaked in the robe.

OOC Talk:
182 words ~ 448 total

5:24 pm
September 5, 2014

sanarian

posts 47

“I’m not opposed to forcing our way in,” Soren replied flatly, turning his head slightly to look directly at Jonas. “but according to history we’re not the ones to do that. If we tried to it would likely end in disaster, one way or another.” At that his attention returned to the task at hand, and after a quick check to verify that his belongings were secure within the pack he closed it and tied the string that functioned to keep it closed.
   Soren reached for his weapon, picking it up with his left hand and carrying it by the sheath. It was a very uncomfortable thought, being without the trusted heirloom, but he knew that their plan wouldn’t work otherwise. With his right he took hold of the leather strap that held up his pack, and moved toward the tree where Jonas suggested they hide their equipment.
   Once they reached the tree Soren gently placed the weapon upright against it. For a brief time he just stood there, staring absent-mindedly at the weapon, until finally he spoke up. “I don’t like the thought of just leaving it here; I’ve traveled with it for so long it feels almost like an old friend.”

OOC Talk:
{W:203}{T:539}

11:51 am
September 6, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

Jonas shared Soren's sentiments about his blade, over the past weeks he had come to rely on it more and more. The thought of not having it when he would need it was uneasy, but he knew that leaving it behind was the best course of action. Jonas followed Soren and placed his own blade against the tall tree's trunk, leaning next to his friends. He watched Soren closely, there was an emotional connection he had for his weapon, he was curious but decided that now was not the time to ask.
   ” You ready for this? ” Jonas said as he pulled the hood of the ocher robe over his head, veiling his face in darkness. ” This is going to be pretty unreal after all, walking amongst fiends plotting to destroy Truce. ” He finished as he walked back towards the dirt road, leaving his weapon behind.
The Cathedral rose fast as the neared, the darkness having fully set in. Gnarled tree branches twisted and swayed in the wind, their silhouettes ghostly and frightening. Jonas felt a shiver run down his spine, he did all he could to supress the feeling, fully aware of what he was walking into.

OOC Talk:
202 words ~ 650 total

8:55 pm
September 9, 2014

sanarian

posts 47

Soren pulled the hood of his ochre robe overhead, shrouding his face beneath a veil of shadows just a few moments after his companion. “As ready as I can be,” Soren said with a faint smile, glancing over toward his friend. In the moonlight it was difficult to tell that it was Jonas, and within the underground passage it would only be even more so—which was perfect, given their intentions. “I’ll be fine. Even though these vermin may plot to destroy our home, I know well enough they will pay for their crimes in due time.” Soren said with confidence, fully aware that Crono and the others would eventually come through this time and vanquish the cult beneath the Cathedral.
   Once they set out Soren walked side-by-side with Jonas under the cover of darkness. Gnarled and twisted branches swayed in the wind, creating ghostly silhouettes that seemed as if they might jump to life at any given moment. Soren could tell that his friend wasn’t completely comfortable with what they were about to do, and neither was he, but they had little choice in the matter if they wanted to find the answers they sought.

OOC Talk:
{W:196}{T:735}

9:15 pm
September 9, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

The night was alive with the sounds the wild as the two hooded adventurers moved down the empty road, the tall oaken doors of the massive cathedral now in sight. Torches burned bright at either side of the doors in the distance, the flames dancing in the night, joined by the twisted trees and overgrown bushes. The Cathedral was a brick structure, even in 600 a.d. it looked old, it's bricks aged by the elements. Ivy climbed the facade of the building, reaching high in patches. A shiver moved down Jonas' spine as he stopped, the building at night did not seem welcoming.
   ” They are still using the Cathedral as a front, so simply walking in the front doors isn't going to be enough. ” Jonas said quietly, knowing that others could be out in the darkness. ” They'll recognize our robes and hopefully just usher us a long. I hope. ” He finished as he started to walk once more.
They closed the distance to the Cathedral quickly and with a rap at the door they found it opened slowly, a old man in identical robes welcoming them inside. The interior was a lavish, as is any chapel, lit by lanterns evenly spaced through the large room. Pews lined either side of the inner walkway, leading to a alter which was backed by a masterwork stain glass, even glorious in the reflected lamp light. Jonas imagined how it must look in the light of day, a feeling of sadness taking hold as he realized it was likely a sight he would never behold.
   ” Come, this way brothers. ” The elder robed man spoke, his voice raspy. ” Have you traveled far? ” He asked as he led them between the rows of pews, towards the alter where Jonas knew the secret passage was located.

OOC Talk:
312 words ~ 962 total

Reply to Post

Reply to Topic: ++ Return to Guardia Cathedral (Jonas/Soren)

NOTE: New Posts are subject to administrator approval before being displayed

Guest Name (Required):

Guest EMail (Required):

Topic Reply:

Save New PostSmileys

Guest URL (required)

Math Required!
What is the sum of:
9 + 6

Confused Cool Cry Embarassed Frown Kiss Laugh Smile Surprised Wink Yell

Search 

Forum Stats: ( Topics: 101 ) :: ( Posts: 864 )

Membership Stats: 1 Admin, 1 Moderator, 34 Members, 21 Guests

Most Users Online: ( 58 )

Currently Online: 2 Guests,