Homepage     Community     Projects     Portfolio     RPG Directory     FAQ     
CT:EG Update (11.16.20): New RP thread can be found ( Here ) ~ RP Tools link ( Here )
Current User: Guest Login Register
Please consider registering

Search 

Staying Alive [Peter/Jonas]

Add a New Topic Reply to Post
UserPost

9:35 pm
July 9, 2014

griff

posts 152

Staying Alive  
  Upon reaching 1010 A.D., Peter was saddened to hear that Dorino Village was no more. Peter had fought hard to keep that village alive against mystics and to hear that climate change had killed it crushed him. All his hard work down the drain, but he had a second chance. Something this big may have been doable for old Peter, but with his lowered magic he was weaker and needed helpful. Thankfully, he didn't come to this time alone and knew someone who would also help to save this village, Jonas.

After getting Jonas to agree, Peter had to find them a boat to get to the other continent. Peter knew the bridge was destroyed, but seeing it was something different. He still didn't want people to know much about him, but this was necessary. Wearing his tattered brown robes with the hood drawn, Peter moved through Truce Village over to the fish shack, the owner was a friend.

Peter stood out in the crowd, but as a begger not a man with rabbit ears. The owner of the shack gave Peter was a dirty till he drew back his hood enough to reveal his face and was greeted with a smile then confusion,
“Why you dressed like that P-” Peter waved off his friend before he could say his name, “Good to see you too, been a while.” Or so Peter hoped, time travel can cause issues. “I need to borrow your boat and I can't have people knowing it's me, as you can see. Could you have a boat in the water straight south of here by sunset?” The fish shack owner smiled and nodded, “Head just down there for the well.” Peter smiled and walked for a little in that direction, Peter's friend knew how to be discreet. Most people who were given orders from a person in Peter's position would have told everyone, but not him. He knew him before then.

After walking a good distance from the shack, Peter doubled back to the hotel he was staying. He rapped twice on Jonas' door,
“Boat will be in the water directly south at sunset.” Peter moved on to his room to relax. It was a few hours before sunset, but he didn't want to be seen too much.

Time flew for Peter as he waited. The thought of his mistake being some good. An hour or so before sunset, Peter headed off towards the destination. The trek was quick and his rabbit side loved the walking after being cooped up. The shack owner held up his side of the bargin with a boat with three seats and a set of oars waiting about where Peter had instructed. All that was left was waiting for Jonas.

OOC:
Words: 456
Total Words: 456

10:19 pm
July 9, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

Staying Alive

Truce of 600 AD was different, though in some ways the same. There was still a humble feeling of home, the streets were still filled with the raucous shouts of children at play, and the weather was as fine as ever. Jonas had found himself in Truce's lone inn, taking a room and waiting for his friend Peter, a man he hoped to learn more about over the adventures to come. As he lay in the soft bed, thinking about Truce a rap came upon the door. Jonas shifted his weight, rolling to his left and swinging his feet the the floor. He pushed his yellow tunic aside as he stood and started for the door. Opening he found Peter, who instructed him to meet in a few hours at sunset on the southern coast near the pier. Jonas simply nodded and shut the door as Peter left.
   ” Sundown, that's still a few hours. Perhaps I'll take a nap. ” Jonas spoke to himself as he covered this distance between the door and the bed once more.
Jonas dreamed of home, his own Truce. He had not expected to become homesick, especially when he was in the same town, but these things about Time Travel nobody had ever mentioned. As he came to Jonas looked to his right, the last rays of the sun were streaking though the window of his room, it was time to move. Jonas gathered his things quicky and exited his room, and with a nod to the inn keeper, the inn all together. He moved through the streets calmly, he knew them like the back of his own hand. He stopped as he passed the building that would be his home centuries later. Jonas wondered who lived there now. Lights poured into the street, the dull flicker of lamp light. Shadows passed along the curtains, he could swear it was his own mother but knew this not to be the case. Moving past he found himself at the pier soon enough, the small boat bouncing in the ocean waves.
   ” Peter my friend, what are we off to do? ” Jonas asked as he moved towards the dingy, lowing himself into the unstable craft as he spoke.

OOC Talk:
374 words ~ 374 total

7:49 am
July 10, 2014

griff

posts 152

Staying Alive  
  Peter grabbed the set of oars, lowered himself into the boat and set off before answering. “Ever hear of Dorino Village? Not sure how much people talk about it in your time, but it's right across from where the bridge use to be.” Peter began rowing at a steady pace so they would reach land while there was still a little light in the sky. He kenw it was dangerous moving here at night, but secrecy was a necessity. “Before I travelled to your time, I protected that village many times from mystic attacks. To hear that climate change caused it to vanish was to much. That's why I asked you to help me. That village is a checkpoint for Porre Village and Truce Village and Guardia Castle.” Peter's ears flopped down as he looked lost in negative thought. He kept eye contant for a minimum as he made his way across the river, “I always wondered why I was sent to your time. I had only meant to travel a few minutes or hours into the future, but ended up being over 400 years. And now I'm back here. Maybe this is why.”

The only sound besides Peter's voice was a gentle lapping of the water as the oars made their way through the water. He found it soothing to be in his time and not have to worry about his duties all the time. He loved helping the people, but that didn't mean it was easy. Peter's ears stood up slightly as the boat hit the shore just north of the village. Peter turned to Jonas and smiled,
“Thanks for coming. When we're here call me Pete. I hate when people call me Pete so people won't guess your referring to me.” Peter laughed at the irony as he pulled his hood over his ears and face and secured the boat before heading out, red light still barely streaking the sky.

OOC:
Words: 322
Total Words: 778

9:13 am
July 10, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

Staying Alive

The sea was calm, the night windless allowing the ocean surface to remain placid. Jonas listened to the rhythmic splash of the oars as peter paddled away from the coast. It was twilight, the remnants of the sun's warm rays barely visible over the western horizon. Looking back Jonas was awed by the darkness of Truce, the dim flicker of lamp lights growing farther in distance. He had never seen Truce so dark, it was unusual, but quaint.
   ” This time is so weird, everything is nearly identical except minute details. ” Jonas commented as Peter rowed, explaining that they would be heading to Dorino. ” I've read about Dorino, I even considered visiting the ruins once. ” Jonas replied, thinking back to the book he had read in school, it had explored the dangers of climate change and how it had caused Dorino to dry up. Jonas was lost in thought for a moment, the coast now barely visible and darkness fully setting in, the ocean currents not helping them. He wondered if it would truly be possible to save Dorino, and if so what that would mean for his own time. A clawing feeling was ripping at him, a sense that everything he would now do would effect the home he planned to return to one day. Would it still feel like home?
   ” If you don't mind me asking, why all the secracy? ” He broke his silence, wondering why Peter was afraid to be seen by others in this time.

OOC Talk:
258 words ~ 632 total

11:02 am
July 10, 2014

griff

posts 152

Staying Alive  
  As sunset was just setting in, the villagers were setting the torches surrounding the town for night watch. Peter hastened his steps to get in before the guards got to their end, “I'm pretty well known in this time, minus the rabbit ears.” He kept it short till they were safely in town. The guards would check anyone that crossed the torchlight. Peter's hood moved side to side as he checked to make sure going in would be okay and as soon as he crossed the border he slowed down and found a bench to sit down on while he catches his breath.

“Not too long ago, I was the youngest grand wizard for King Guardia XXI.”
Peter looked down at his feet as he talked, ashamed at having to finally say it, but Jonas should know, “It's part pride and part for the people. I had power far surpassing now until I met a rabbit. It's better for the people to think I'm missing and may return then to know I'm back, but powerless. Morale would hurt.” The kicked up as Peter's foot pushed it forward, one of his ears twitched under the door slightly, “We should head to the hotel and try to get some sleep while we can. With the bridge destroyed, the mystics will most likely attack and then there will be no rest.” Peter stood up, defeated, arms slumped. It was the first time he had to say it and it hurt. The guards for the town, most likely guards he had commanded, moved to their posts to watch out past the torchlight.

The hotel had became a field hospital for the wounded and most of the rooms were taken. Cries of wounded soldiers could be heard through the closed doors. It wasn't this bad when he was last here. Thankfully, two rooms were still available and Peter paid for both of them and gave one to Jonas,
“A small token of my appreciation. See ya in a few.” Peter made his way of the stairs and laid on the bed, but slept alluded him.

OOC:
Words: 348
Total Words: 1126

1:48 pm
July 10, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

Staying Alive

The path to Dorino was familiar to Jonas, he had been this way before, though Dorino no longer existed in his own time, simply ruins on the way to Porre. As they approached the town the soft glow of lamp light led them in, past guards who were on look out for bands of mystic fiends. Jonas took in Dorino as best as he could at night, the town was small, it was dry and it was warm even at night. Looking around he could see things were bad, buildings in disrepair and a general feeling that this was the front lines.
   ” I never realized it was this bad, I've read a good deal about the fiend invasion, but to see the result up close is completely different. ” Jonas said to Peter as they neared the inn, the howls of the wounded audible from a good distance. As they approached Jonas was saddened by the struggle this place was going though, he fully understood now what Peter wished to help. As he was presented the key he was torn, feeling that he did not want to stay in the inn, but he did not speak this aloud and simply nodded and walked towards his room.
The door to his room opened with a squeak as Jonas entered, the dancing shadows of the lantern that lit it mesmerizing him for a moment as he closed the door behind him. Jonas took note that the room was much less furnished then his room in Truce, simply a bed, a small table and stool, and a chest for clothing. Even with the door shut the muffled cries of pain entered his room, he would get no rest here.

OOC Talk:
288 words ~ 920 total

2:08 pm
July 10, 2014

griff

posts 152

Staying Alive  
  Peter laid on his bed staring up at the ceiling. If things were like how it was before he left, an attack would come soon. With the bridge gone, the attacks would most likely be quicker and earlier. His thoughts ran over to Jonas. He knew this hotel wasn't the best for people unuse to war conditions, but at least lying on a bed would help him a little. Being here again brought back memories. Before, Peter would stand by the guards and be their source of inspiration. They knew when Peter was there they were as safe as they could be with his ability to heal. Now, it was mimimal at best.

After an hour or so, a trumphet shouted out a warning calling, the attack had begun. Peter jolted up from his bed and began moving. Sounds of battle could he heard even in the hotel and Peter had a feeling Jonas would come to help, but he would leave that up to him. The hotel door jolted open with a man on a stretcher carried by two guards. Peter put his hand over the wounder man and cast a healing aura over him. The two guards holding the stretcher looked at Peter surprised, but under the hood his identity was hidden. Peter grabbed his gun and look out from the hotel seeing guards holding off mystics surrounding the village from the south.

OOC:
Words: 234
Total Words: 1360

11:29 am
July 12, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

Staying Alive

Jonas didn't rest, the sounds of the wounded to much for him to ignore. He simply sat and listened, his heart reaching out feeling the suffering from the nearby room, he was quickly feeling the need to help in any way possible. He was shaken by the sound of a nearby horn and the excitement and shouting that followed it from outside, he knew what that meant. Checking his blade he stood from the rough bed and quickly made his way to the door, pulling it open and releasing the full force of the cries of pain upon himself. He felt super-charged, like he had a purpose, like there was a reason he had been brought to this place.
   ” What's happening, is the village under attack? ” Jonas asked as he moved through the lobby of the inn, a makeshift traction. He watched Peter from a distance and followed towards the door, ajar, he could see the torches and hear the yelling from the south. ” Come on, we need to go help. ” Jonas said, motioning to follow as he stepped into the warm night air of Dorino. The darkness surrounding this place was more than just night, it was only strengthened by the knowledge of it's future.

OOC Talk:
212 words ~ 1132 total

4:44 pm
July 13, 2014

griff

posts 152

Post edited 12:26 am – July 14, 2014 by griff

Staying Alive  
  The chaos of the village was disorienting. The guards attack the imps, roly, and polies, but they were out numbered. It didn't seem they could take them down on their own, at least without taking too much casualties. Peter looked over at Jonas, his features shown even under the hood, “Thank you.” A smile crossed his lips till he looked out at the attack, “Let's go. I'll cover you and heal any who need it.” 

Throwing his hood lower, Peter rushed forward with his air gun in hand. The guards may find it odd, but as he heals people they will probably associate it with his healing. The torch lights illuminated most of the battle, but the moon was hidden and darkness was all that was seen beyond the torch lights. Reinforcements may be behind them. A guard laid wounded just beyond the torch light line. Peter knelt beside him and examined the body. Light wound, but disabiling. “You'll be okay.” A green aura spread over the man and life seemed to be returned to him. The guard looked confused at the hood man with his tattered robes, but his training kicked in and he went back to fighting.

Looking out at the battle field, the guards, though unnumbered, were holding their own. A bird carrying an imp was travelling towards the battle from the darkness. Peter pointed his gun and sent a shot at the bird. The bird fainted and both fell to the ground, the imp injured as well.

OOC:

Words: 250
Total Words: 1610

10:59 am
July 23, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

Staying Alive

Jonas nodded to Peter, the solemn expression on his face shifting in the shadows of torch light. Jonas knew that he would be of use here, his abilities in combat could turn the tables in this raid. As Peter rushed off, gun in hand ready to heal the wounded, Jonas unlatched the clasp that help his blade in its scabbard. Pulling the shimmering Iron Sword free he took a deep breath, calming his nerves and readying himself for the melee to come.
   ” No need to thank me friend, let's free this place from threat once and for all! ” Jonas spoke, the confidence in his voice growing as the words tumbled from his mouth. ” I'm right with you! ” He shouted as he started towards the line.
Jonas' heavy boots kicked up clouds of dust as he ran, the fine grains refracting in the unsteady torch light. His blade was held to the side, firmly grasped at the hilt by both hands. Jonas reached to line of combat quickly, bursting past two Dorino guards into the darkness outside. He met the first Roly by surprise, cutting it down with a massive sweep of his blade. Twisting his body as he blade exited the fiend he rolled to his left stabbing upwards into another imp fiend. His body was calm, and he used the darkness to his advantage, meeting beast with blade.

OOC Talk:
234 words ~ 1366 total

12:37 pm
July 23, 2014

griff

posts 152

Staying Alive  
  The battle seemed to be going well for the guards. The fiends were dropping left and right with the help of Peter and Jonas. The feeling to being where he was suppose to be came over Peter. He hadn't felt this way and quite sometime and it felt good. Unfortunately, that feel faded quick and dropped into his stomach. Reinforcements of rolies, polies and riding polies came out of the darkness. The morale of the soliders dropped and wounds began to occur all over the place. Peter shot all he could, but without the guards, him and Jonas had no chance.

“Jonas, we got to help the soliders.”
Peter began to conjure up a large green aura that radiated at the end of his gun, “SPIN!” Peter screamed over the noise of the battle so Jonas would hear him. His spinning would hopefully move his aura all over the soliders, healing them and boost their morale. Prehaps that was what got the soliders through this battle. History says they survived, but how was the question.

OOC:

Words: 174
Total Words: 1784

12:45 pm
July 23, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

Staying Alive

For a moment it seemed as if the Dorino guards with the aid of Jonas and Peter were winning the battle. Jonas had been making quick work of the initial band of raiding fiends but as more continued to surge into combat it was becoming clear that while Jonas could handle the load, the others could not. Seeing guard after guard drop due to injury it was clear now that the fiends would push into the village unless something was done.
   ” Great idea! ” Jonas responded, seeing that if he and Peter combined techniques that they could heal many of the Dorino guards at once and hopefully once again gain a hold on the melee. ” Here we go! ” He continued as he started to whirl the sparkle of Peter's green aura covered him and then shot off in all directions drifting down on the fallen guards and re-energizing them.
As Jonas came to a stop he watched the Dorino guards getting back to their feet, retrieving their fallen weapons and engaging the incoming fiends once again. Grasping his own weapon he nodded to Peter before rushing back into the melee sword swiping left and right as he met roly and poly alike.

OOC Talk:
206 words ~ 1572 total

2:02 pm
July 23, 2014

griff

posts 152

Staying Alive  
  The guards roared their battle cry as they got back to their feet. Morale was up due to the healing and the fiends were dropping like flies. Before long, the remaining fiends fled in fear and the village was now safe again, for now. If time continued like it should, this village would be gone. A vital stopping place in travels, the village could improve the future greatly.

With the fiends gone, the solider threw their arms up and cheered in delight. None had fallen due to the work of Jonas and Peter, which had never happened before. The fiends may look dumb, but whoever is behind them isn't. Peter had learned that long ago, or maybe not so long. The soldiers rushed to pick up Jonas and Peter as their saviors, holding the up in the air and walking back to the village like a parade.

Hearing the cheers, a short, round man walked out. His demeanor was sour before coming outside, but smiled when he saw the solider in such good manner. The soldiers put the two down and formed a semicircle around their saviors so the man can approach.
“Mayor, these guys saved us.” One solider yelled as a few others shouted agreement. The round man, the mayor, brushed his hands off his the white smock he wore. Blood came off his hands, “Is that right?” The mayor smiled and nodded his head, “Well, then saviors. May I ask your name?” Peter figetted slightly, moving his head so his hood covered his face enough, his gun back under his cloak, “I'm Pete and the soldiers and my friend did most of the work. I just made sure they could do it.” Peter looked forward, but his eyes were barely visible and the shadow cast across his face him it seem like he didn't even have a face.

OOC:

Words: 308
Total Words: 2092

2:18 pm
July 23, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

Staying Alive

As the Dorino guards had risen and rejoined the battle the tide had been turned. Jonas had fought through the night, dispatching fiend after fiend with his trusty iron blade, and as the bodies of fiends grew it became clear that their raid would not be a successful one. With the light of dawn peeking over the distance eastern horizon, the staggering peaks of the Denadoro Mountains silhouetted in the distance, the fiends began their escape. Using the last bastion of darkness to flee, they left Dorino in defeat, though Jonas wondered if they would come again. Wiping sweat from his brow Jonas slid his blade back into it's scabbard, once again clasping the hinge to keep it in place. Joining his friend Peter he surveyed the town's outskirts, watching the Sun rise, the light of a new day and new era upon the village.
   ” No no, we were just doing what anyone would do to help send those fiends packing. ” Jonas replied to the praise from the Dorino guards and the mayor of the village who had joined them as the day broke. ” All praise should go to Pete here, it was he who brought me to this place and he who is responsible solely for the great victory we achieved last night. ” Jonas continued to speak, uncomfortable with the praise.
Placing a hand on Peter's shoulder Jonas gave a friendly shake, the most celebrating he would do for he was unsure if their presence had yet to have any effect of the future of Dorino. Jonas knew pushing the fiends back would help, but it would not change the climate, only hard work from the villagers could change the future and somehow without revealing the fate of Dorino they would have to initiate such change.

OOC Talk:
303 words ~ 1875 total

4:32 pm
July 25, 2014

griff

posts 152

Post edited 1:33 am – July 28, 2014 by griff

Staying Alive  
  Beneath the cloak of the rabbit mage, an evil stare was pointed in Jonas' direction. Peter knew none could see it, but his annoyment with Jonas was great. He had confided in him why he did not want to be known here, but he put him right back into the crosshairs. Peter shook of his aggrivation as he returning Jonas' praise then bowed low, “If you will excuse us mayor, we would like to get back to our rooms and sleep as much as we can.” The mayor shook his head waved his hand in denial, “Not tonight, if I have any say in it. Please, stay in my guest room tonight, I like to think it's more comfortable than the hotel.” The mayor laughed at his own joke, his belly shaking in the fire light, “It's the house at the very end down there. Your rooms' are on the second floor on the left and the beds are already made. I don't get many guests.” The mayor laughed again and so did the soldier, all enjoying some inside joke, Peter supposed. He bowed low again, “Thank you for your graciousness.”

Peter headed down towards the mayor's house as the soliders went back to guard. The fiends were most likely not coming back, but the solider's still had to do their duty. The mayor house was at the end of the road that made up the village. The house was only a little large than the other huts, most likely just to make it easier for newcomers to identify that it was the mayor's house. Peter continued till he was outside of the mayor's house and sat down on the porch. The sun was beginning to rise and neither of them had really gotten any sleep, but Peter was restless. With a deep breath, Peter looked around and smiled to himself, it was good to be back. Fighting fiends gave him purpose and purpose it was drove him to his former greatness. Even if he didn't want people to know he was here, he was happy he was here.

OOC:

Words: 348
Total Words: 2440

6:39 pm
July 27, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

Staying Alive

The warm morning sun was heating up quickly, something that Jonas took note of as he watched it rise in the east. It was clear that this place was hot and as the Mayor offered his guest quarters for them to rest Jonas knew that he would have trouble sleeping, especially in a second floor room. Missing Peter's disagreeable look all together Jonas still fixed him gaze at the town, only now really understanding what would happen to this place.
   ” Actually, I fear that after such a battle I will not be able to put my mind to rest so easily Mr. Mayor, perhaps instead I can just take in the town as it's my first visit to this place. ” Jonas replied as ne motioned with his hands, a sweep across his body to symbolize wanting to see everything Dorino had to offer. ” I'll meet with you later Pete get the rest you need. ” Jonas said to his friend, still oblivious to having perhaps revealed his identity to the people of Dorino.
Jonas took a step back, nodding to each of the guards he had fought beside as he started down the dusty central thoroughfare, taking note of the few central businesses that were all starting to open. He passed houses as he walked, eventually stumbling upon the Mayor's own home. A hour had passed and the warmth of this place was already starting to take it's toll on Jonas, he would seek a shady place to think and wait for Peter to rise.

OOC Talk:
259 words ~ 2134 total

8:25 pm
July 30, 2014

griff

posts 152

Staying Alive  
  Peter nodded and started into the mayor's house. The future had no war in Guardia so there was no way Jonas could be use to sleeping whenever you go a chance. Peter was use to the process and could go to sleep for a few hours under even the most gruely scenerio. Without even looking around, he made his way through the mayor's house and up to one of the guest rooms. It was not the first time he had been there, but was the first he didn't have to fight to stay in a guest room. His eyes closed as soon as he hit the bed and he was out.

Two hours later, Peter was waking up, alert and ready for the day. Those two hours would allow him to function enough until he was able to get a full night's rest. Waking up in the guest room brought Peter back to his days before the rabbit. So much, he forgot the time he was in. He headed out the room and saw the mayor walking out of his room. Peter smiled, but the mayor look in shocked pleasure. Peter realized his mistake immediately and knew there was no going back. The mayor was a good guy, but he couldn't keep a secret. The mayor dropped to a knee,
“Peter. It is great to see you again.” Peter motioned for the mayor to raised immediately, always hating that he did that. That wasn't even something people did for Peter, but the mayor did because of how much Peter had helped this village.

Once back on his two feet, the mayor looked confused at Peter now noticing the rabbit ears,
“Is that why you hide your identity? Pete was a good fake name. Everyone here knows not to call you that.” The mayor laughed as Peter moved towards him to reach the stairs, a smile on his face, “Thats right my old friend.” Peter slapped the mayor on the shoulder in good fun, “I know how good you are at hidding secrets so I guess the the jig is up. I can't explain, but me and Jonas are going to go out and hopefully save this village. Still have that dowsing stick I gave you?” The mayor looked worried, but nodded, went back in his room, and came out with a stick that forked into tow paths at the end. Peter took it and winked at the mayor, “You got nothing to worry about. Peter's back.” Peter walked down the stairs and out the door leaving the mayor dumbstruck.

Peter walked out of the Mayor's houses wearing his brown robes and rabbit ears open for all too see. The guards who were up after last nights battle look the mayor did. They were shooked to see Peter was the one in the brown robes from last night was Peter and was then confused to by his ears. Moving with all the speed he could while still walking, Peter sought out Jonas,
” Things have gotten complicated, but I got a dowsing stick. We should head out as soon as your ready and see if we can find some water.”

OOC:

Words: 526
Total Words: 2966

9:46 pm
July 30, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

Staying Alive

With the town thoroughly explored Jonas had made his way towards the Mayor's own home. The early morning heat was alarming, Jonas had not expected it to be as hot as it was. As he walked the streets he watched the towns folk, seemingly use to the heat by this point, perhaps that's why they never went on the offensive, never combated the change that would lead to Dorino no longer existing just four centuries later. Nearing the Mayor's home Jonas spotted Peter, his ears fully exposed in the early morning light.
   ” I guess your secrets out. ” Jonas spoke, a hint of apology in his tone. ” You think that will help us find water? If it was here all along why have they not used it to do so? ” Jonas spoke when he saw Peter's possession.
Jonas was skeptical they simply seeking a well or some other form of underground water would be enough to change Dornio. In his thoughts he knew that it would take much more work than that, most likely they would eventually have to head into the Denadoro mountains and seek one of the many streams. Irrigation was the solutions, he was sure of that, it would take work from the entire town to dig a canal so vast, but bringing trees and green vegetation to Dorino would cool the town in the long run and maybe then—maybe—it would survive the centuries.

OOC Talk:
241 words ~ 2275 total

11:01 am
August 1, 2014

griff

posts 152

Staying Alive  
  Peter nodded as he wiped sweat from his brow, “They usually send a team to get water or get a shipment from Guardia. I gave this to the mayor years ago, I think, but I knew he wouldn't use it. The mayor's a god guy, but he can be lazy when it comes to stuff like this. Friends with all the residents and those who come, but not the best when it comes to war.” The increase in heat became noticeable to Peter. When he was last here, he had adjusted to the heat quickly, but now was ti scorching. The people here probably didn't notice because it was gradual, but the Peter it was sudden.

The guards, noticing the one that healed them was Peter, began to make their way towards the travelers,
“Where have you been? Everyone's been looking for one.” One guards said and the rest nodded and grunted in agreement. “And what's with the ears?Said another guard. Peter moved close to Jonas and spoke in a low voice only the two could hear, “We don't have much light left and we don't want to be stuck out there at night. Our strong defense last night will keep them away for at least a day until they can regroup. Just follow my lead.” One of Peter's ears whipped itself to the left and sweat flew off to the ground. Stepping towards the guards, Peter shook each of their hands with a sincere smile, “I am sorry I've been gone so long. I'm on a mission where I must seem missing. The king knows of my plans and is why there was a search. Just know that I do whatever must be done and protect out kingdom, but the presence must not be known.”

The guards straightened to Peter's little speech and proud that he had shown himself to them, “I trust each and everyone one of you as guards of Guardia. Unfortunately, you all know the same can't be said for the mayor. I need you all to make sure it stays a secret as me and my comrade do our best to save this village.” Peter put his hood back on and the guards ran back to their stations, one posted outside the mayor's house just in case. Peter looked to Jonas, his face shown,
“Let's get each ounce of sunlight we can.” Peter turned and headed out of down, his dowsing stick in hand and the sun a little past its percipice.

OOC:

Words: 416
Total Words: 3382

5:20 pm
August 3, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

Staying Alive

The midday heat way raining on them from above. Dorino's geographical location put it front and center in one of the warmest regions of the entire planet; Jonas could feel it. He was taken aback by Peter's confidence in the use of the stick, perhaps it was a intuition that Mages had, he was unsure. As they headed out Jonas stepped aside, allowing Peter to interact with the guards and towns folk who all seemed to recognize him. It was clear to Jonas that Peter had spent some time in the place, it was dear to him. This revelation made Jonas only want to help more.
   ” You're popular here, what's your story with this place? ” Jonas asked as the finally headed past the fringe of town, the looming Denadoro mountains rising in the distance, seemingly touching the blue sky overhead.
The path leading from Dorino to the east was worn dirt, no grass to be seen for miles. Steppe shrubs sprung up here and there, the kind of plants that could live on very little water. The occasional cacti could be seen as they walked. The path was mostly straight, as the rolling hills at the foot of the looming mountains came closer the green returned. The mountain slopes were filled with trees. Jonas was taking in the world, he had never been to this place even in his own time, he followed Peter's lead.

OOC Talk:
238 words ~ 2513 total

Reply to Post

Reply to Topic: Staying Alive [Peter/Jonas]

NOTE: New Posts are subject to administrator approval before being displayed

Guest Name (Required):

Guest EMail (Required):

Topic Reply:

Save New PostSmileys

Guest URL (required)

Math Required!
What is the sum of:
2 + 7

Confused Cool Cry Embarassed Frown Kiss Laugh Smile Surprised Wink Yell

Search 

Forum Stats: ( Topics: 101 ) :: ( Posts: 864 )

Membership Stats: 1 Admin, 1 Moderator, 34 Members, 21 Guests

Most Users Online: ( 58 )

Currently Online: 1 Guest,