Search 

E3 2013

UserPost

11:14 pm
June 6, 2013

dystopia
Admin

posts 794

It's coming up, so what's everyone looking forward to the most? Anyone want to venture some predictions on what we might see? There have been rumors floating out there that Sony is bringing The Last Guardian finally, I dunno that I believe it but boy would that be awesome. There was a possible Microsoft game list leak as well, I notced Killer Instinct was on it and Banjo Kazooie 4, among other pretty major releases (Halo 5, Fable 4, etc)

12:58 am
June 7, 2013

lydeck

Almost Heaven

posts 90

I won't be getting an X-Box one, especially in light of Microsoft coming out today and confirming all of the bullshit they claimed were “rumors” and “false”.

I'm looking forward to learning more about the PS4 and seeing if it's really the Anti-XB1. Sony has the opportunity to crush Microsoft this console generation if they play their cards correctly, and crush them in a way that could cripple X-Box in the future.

On a non E3 front, have you see the official trailer for Tales of Xillia? Can't wait for the game, glad I already pre-ordered.

4:53 pm
June 7, 2013

dystopia
Admin

posts 794

Well Sony has been pretty outspoken in the media that the PS4 does not require an internet connection to play single player games, IE it still plays games if your internet is down where as if you don't connect your Xbox One every 24 hours you can't play games at all.

Microsoft is going to be in trouble because of that, how do they expect to continue to push into Eastern Europe and South America? Internet connections there are not always very reliable, which is why Sony will continue to dominate in those regions. I think Mircrosoft is going to come big at E3, they pretty much have to throw everything they have gamewise out there or risk tanking their console. So I expect a lot of major game announcements from them. Sony still should come out ahead though, especially if they bring some games that people aren't expecting to see.

9:25 pm
June 7, 2013

kefo

posts 62

I'm assuming the last sentence is supposed to be Microsoft, not Sony.

3:30 pm
June 8, 2013

lydeck

Almost Heaven

posts 90

I don't think there's anything Microsoft can do to win this generation if Sony doesn't use the inane DRM and anti-used game mechanisms that MicroShit has in their console.

7:09 pm
June 8, 2013

dystopia
Admin

posts 794

They can at least curb the backlash a little by announcing a shitload of major games that people will want to actually play. I don't think it saves them this generation because their DRM is insane and Sony has been pretty clear that they won't being doing anything like that. Still if Sony can bring some big guns to E3 they can easily blow MS away.

I'm seriously just praying for The Last Guardian this year, if rumors are true and it's going to be show I'm gonna be all about that.

12:05 am
June 9, 2013

lydeck

Almost Heaven

posts 90

Yes, and even if M$ somehow got a lead. Early next year, S.E. would announce a remake of FF7 exclusively PS4 …

… the system sells 50 million consoles overnight.

The evilest of plans! (A guy can dream)

10:55 pm
June 10, 2013

dystopia
Admin

posts 794

Lol unlikely.
However Microsoft did show a ton of games today, they really needed to do that but Sony smacked them down on the DRM issues, glad to know that the PS4 has no connections requirements and you can actually trade/sell/give away your games.

Sadly… I have not seen anything about The Last Guardian and kinda don't expect to now. Depressing.

11:01 pm
June 10, 2013

Finitiae

posts 65

Probably moved to the PS4 (but as you said, I wouldn't be surprised if it were axed), but kept lowkey for the moment.

11:03 pm
June 10, 2013

dystopia
Admin

posts 794

Probably axed indeed.

PS4 is $100 cheaper than the Xbox One. One more point to Sony.

8:51 pm
June 11, 2013

lydeck

Almost Heaven

posts 90

Last Guardian is on “hiatus” as of today.

10:49 pm
June 11, 2013

dystopia
Admin

posts 794

Yeah I saw that earlier, I have a pretty good hunch that it's never going to be released. That's to bad, Team Ico made the best games. Out of everything else Song had to show the only thing I was really interested in game wise (for the PS4 at least, there are several PS3 titles I'm looking forward too) Is The Order: 1886. That looked pretty damn awesome, and having played Ready at Dawns two God of War games I have to think it will be pretty well done.

10:53 pm
June 11, 2013

Finitiae

posts 65

Post edited 2:53 am – June 12, 2013 by flautist

In other words, moved to PS4 as far as I'm concerned. A whole generation to mess around and hardly anything to show for; releasing this game at the end of this gen seems inauspicious for this game's dev timeframe.

10:55 pm
June 11, 2013

dystopia
Admin

posts 794

I just don't expect to ever see it, they will probably can it if they haven't actually done that already. I'm not worried about to to much though, Sony has so many good games coming for the PS3 that I'll be pretty busy.

Search 

Forum Stats: ( Topics: 146 ) :: ( Posts: 1897 )

Membership Stats: 1 Admin, 2 Moderators, 60 Members, 1 Guest

Most Users Online: ( 72 )

Currently Online: 3 Guests,