Homepage     Community     Projects     Portfolio     RPG Directory     FAQ     
You must be logged in to post Login Register

Search 

07:15:2017 | Update

UserPost

12:46 pm
July 15, 2017

cooler
Admin

posts 102

Post edited 5:50 pm – July 15, 2017 by cooler

Afternoon everyone,

Obviously, it has been a long time since I have done any meaningful work on this and this group was seemingly abandoned. Being honest with myself, I am extremely unreliable when it comes to group creation, due to what I believe are two factors 1) Trying to re-invent the wheel unnecessarily and 2) Being a perfectionist. Therefore, I have done some inner soul searching to see what changes I could personally make for myself to see if I can ever get a Dragon Ball RPG created. While I know that it is now 2017 and message board roleplaying is seemingly dead, I want to finish this not for anyone else but myself. It has now been officially 13 years since I finished my first and only DBZ RPG which I unfortunately lost when my Co-Manager stole all the content from me. Since then, I have been working on creating a new DBZ RPG which I had grand ideas for, basically turning it into a Bioware message board RPG. This of course has caused me to go through countless re-writes, re-starts, name changes, etc.

Here is how I am going to hopefully break the cycle.
1) Simplify: I am done trying to re-invent the wheel completely. I want to create a simple RPG that is easy for everyone to get into and hardens back to the golden era of MSN Groups. That does not mean it will be a cookie cutter copy, it will still have some things to make it different, but not everything is going to receive the 360 degree make-over and re-invention.

2) Create a solid basis and upgrade later on: What this means is that I don't need to have all kinds of awesome ideas available at the very beginning. Instead, I just need to complete a solid base that has everything needed for people to start roleplaying and then I can always update/upgrade systems and such later on.

3) Time Management: For the last 8 years and for the foreseeable next 12 years, I work pretty much from about 0600 to about 1700. This gives me ample time to dedicate an hour a day to creating this group and roleplaying, so that is my goal, which I have so far done this week when it comes to my current roleplay with John and Griff on the main forums.

That's about it. I am not currently going to ask for assistance or help when it comes to creating this group. Not because I don't want it or trust others, but because I do not want to once again bring people in just to leave them again. I will not turn down assistance and would gladly accept whatever help is volunteered, but I currently won't seek it. This also means, I am currently abandoning the need for any graphics and the Chimera Engine. The reason, again, is because both of those take significant amounts of time that I don't want dedicated for me to just not finish anything. If/When, I finish I will then turn to getting helps in the areas that I am lacking.

EDIT: I will be moving archived content from my previous attempts here tomorrow (currently on the road) to give me a better place to start from. Obviously I will need to do some re-writing in an effort to meet my new goals of simplicity and accessibility. 

Also, if anyone happens to have anything from my old groups archived, I would be eternally grateful if you could pass that on to me, as I don't quite have everything.

Thanks everyone,
Cooler
Search 

Forum Stats: ( Topics: 24 ) :: ( Posts: 162 )

Membership Stats: 1 Admin, 2 Moderators, 4 Members, 1 Guest

Most Users Online: ( 13 )

Currently Online: 1 Guest,