Homepage     Community     Projects     Portfolio     RPG Directory     FAQ     
CT:EG Update (11.16.20): New RP thread can be found ( Here ) ~ RP Tools link ( Here )
Current User: Guest Login Register
Please consider registering

Search 

Travel Down to Porre Village (Open)

Add a New Topic Reply to Post
UserPost

3:03 pm
June 26, 2014

griff

posts 152

Travel Down to Porre Village  
  Living in Truce Village was becoming too much for Peter. It wasn't a matter of money, it was a matter of missing what he once had. His location to Guardia Castle was simply becoming too mcuh. Every time he saw the village, he remember what great power and respect he once had. Over the past weeks, Peter had been saving the money he could from his magic jobs and set out to get to Porre Village. He brought with him decent rations and money, but he still kept his brown, tattered robes. He hadn't gained much of his power back yet, so this was a show of his stature.

Peter's rabbit ears perked up as he set off out of Truce Village. His rabbit side loved the idea of travel and hated staying in one place. There was a pep in his step that didn't come entirely from Peter. He had started his about 3 days ago and not once did Peter regret leaving. It had been years since he had travelled by anything, but carriage. Being a mage, he didn't need to do much about his physical strength so the carriage was great. It must be the rabbit giving him the energy to continue and the enthusiasm to continue.

In Peter's time, he wasn't able to cross the bridge. As he walked across it, memories of the war came back to him. Being a Grand Wizard for the King of Guardia, Peter was sent into battle either leading troops or all alone. He had to go on boat then, the bridge being destroyed. It was nice to walk across the bridge and not worry about being attacked.

The rest of the travel was similar to the bridge, memories of war assaulted him, but the peace relaxed him. He knew he didn't have to worry too much about mystics attacking him, there was peace in this time. After passing through the desert, Peter saw Porre village on the horizen, his destination was reached. He knew he may get some looks from his rabbit ears, but Peter walked in proud unworried about what people thought.

OOC:
Words: 351
Total Words: 351

9:04 pm
June 27, 2014

lydeck

Almost Heaven

posts 33

Post edited 2:09 am – July 2, 2014 by lydeck

Down to Porre Village

What in the hell had just happened?

Ringing. Ringing. Ringing. Demitri had never encountered such a dreadful ringing in his head in his entire life, and he couldn't see a gods damned thing. No matter what he tried to do, his muscles wouldn't move, as if paralyzed by some sort of malicious serum. Not only that, but he had a migraine that would put any other headache he'd ever have to shame.

And just what was that awful taste in his mouth? He suddenly recognized it: dirt.

Slowly but surely, Demitri's senses and his blackened vision began to come to him. His body was sore as he began to moev, and he groaned in aggravation at his predicament. His recovered sight didn't see a nice sight like a open blue sky, either, but was instead taking in the wonderful sight of the ground, up close and personal. Demitri was face down on the ground, a half mouth full of dirt, with the remnants of charred land in a perfect circle around him.

Demitri slowly pushed himself up into a sitting position, spitting out the earth in his mouth and looking around to try to ascertain where exactly he was.

For the life of him he couldn't remember what in the hell had just happened, nor what had happened in what seemed like several hours. Last thing he could remember, he had just left his laboratory after recieving a tip about a strange anomoly outside of the city. He was pretty sure that he had gone to investigate it, but he couldn't remember anything after that. To make matters worse, he didn't recognize any of the land around him, which should have been near impossible since he'd spent his entire life in the city and the surrounding areas. There was no way he had walked far enough to be in some foreign place.

After gathering himself, Demitri was able to get to his feet. He immediately checked his devices, and none of them seemed to be working. It appeared as if they had been fried by some strange mechanism. Well, that was just great. The only thing on his posession that was working properly was his compass, and considering his current situation he was going to have to use it to the best of his ability.

Everything around him was so foreign. No matter how much he tried to put together any of this landscape with that from his memory, he couldn't recall anything about where he was. The only important detail that Demitri could make out was the transition of fauna from south to north. From his studies on geography he could conclude from the fauna growing towards the north that it was probably a much more arid area – perhaps even a desert. The fauna that was slowly creeping in the south was indicative of a much more hospitable enviroment, so he decided that south was the direction he was going to go.

Demitri walked for several hours before he came across civilization, and what he saw made him stop in his tracks. There was a town, but the enviromental dome that he was so used to seeing was nowhere to be found. In fact, if he could describe this place as anything it'd be positively primitive. Just where in the hell had he been taken!?

Finding himself dumstruck at his current situation, Demitri had no choice but to enter the town. Perhaps someone here would be able to help him, or at least be able to tell him where he was at.

OOC Talk:
612 words ~ 612 total

12:23 pm
June 29, 2014

griff

posts 152

The village was in a panic as Peter entered. He put his hands up trying to soothe the villagers because of his ears, but they didn't even notice him. Feeling a little disappointed, Peter followed the crowd to find out what happened. Villages seemed to be boarding up all the buildings, taking down shops way too early, and all ships were anchored at sea. A man who seemed to have some rank in the village was standing on a pedestal talking to a mass of villages surrounding him, “Please calm down, we have sent a messenger to Guardia for aid it should come shortly. The bandit will be taking care of.” The man seemed unconvinced of his own words and the crowd shouted back, “No help will come.” “The bandits will stop the messenger.” “We're all going to die.”
The man on the pedestal stepped down and the villages dispersed to better defend themselves.

Peter moved through the fading crowd, all not noticed his ears in their blight. The former grand wizard walked up to the man in the and tapped him on the shoulder as he was talking in a huddle of men,
“I'm sorry there's nothing we can do till hel-” The man replied as he turned around and jumped back when he saw Peter's ears. With a smile and a wave, Peter extended his hand, “Name's Peter and help just arrived.” The man composed himself quickly shook “I don't think you know the situation well. I'm the mayor here and your not a resident.” Peter chuckled lightly and smiled again, “You don't know the half of it, but you need help so…” Peter posed himself, “Help is here. Just give me a second.”

Peter walked back up to the pedestal and he must have been quite the site with his tattered brown robes and rabbit ears halfway bent. “People of Porre Village. I hear you have bandits, but all you do is complain to your mayor over there. That hes's not doing enough, that he's not fixing it quick enough. Well, is he in that position because of his fighting skills.” Peter looked at the mayor and smirked, “I don't think so, but that's not a mayor's duty.” Paused for tension, “But here I stand. A stranger in these lands.” Though no time passed, Peter laughed to himself on this part, “And I will fight against these bandits. Not because I have a home to defend. Not because my family is scared, but because it must be done.” Another pause, “Now who here will stand with me.” Peter hoped he would get help, but either way those bandit were going down. He had fought to free this land once and he will do it again.

OOC:
I figure a bandit situation would be a good starter. Feel free to control the NPCs and add your own touch. If your character would join at this point, cool if not we'll figure it out. I just suggest no npcs join us, but you call and I'll leave there reaction to you.
Words: 455
Total Words: 806

12:35 pm
July 1, 2014

kodokami

posts 8

Post edited 7:35 pm – July 1, 2014 by kodokami

Eruca sat in a diner, alone. The soup before her was cold. She ignored it, her attention instead focused on the window beside her. Elbow propped up on the table, cheek resting in one hand, she stared not at the villagers idling outside but at her own reflection. She frowned.

She wasn't like them, she thought. She was different. Stronger, faster. Not that that made her better, of course. She struggled with basic concepts even the young children could understand. It was one of the reasons Eruca hated attending school. Still, she got along fairly well with most everyone, but sometimes, like today, she felt like an outsider.

Her ears vaguely picked up on some noise gathering outside when a man came barreling through the door, a clear sign of panic on his face. “The bandits are back!” he yelled.

Bandits! Panic spread to the other patrons in the diner. Not again, she thought. The town lacked an official guard like those in the provinces of Guardia, so much havoc was caused the last time these bandits passed through Porre. There wasn't much she could do alone, yet Eruca quickly gathered her things regardless and ran outside.

She saw the crowds outside abuzz, rumors and gossip spreading like fire. Merchants closed shop, parents carried their children indoors, and some folk began boarding up windows. No bandits yet, but the people were clearly distressed at the idea and were preparing just in case. A bit down the road, a gathering was taking place, so Eruca went to investigate.

She found the mayor standing on a pedestal, a worried look on his face. He was trying in futility to calm the townsfolk when a formal-looking man–with rabbit ears!–took his place. Who's he? she wondered. The man calmly addressed the people, giving a short speech before volunteering himself to face the bandits. Then he asked for assistance.

Eruca looked up at the villagers around her. They appeared uneasy. No one wanted to face the bandits. She thought back of the man's request. Porre wasn't his home, yet he was still willing to fight for it. He didn't belong, and still he was going to help. She glanced down in shame. She didn't belong either, yet Porre was her home. She had to protect the villagers, her friends and family.

Her fists clenched, little Eruca stepped forward. “I will join you.”

~~~
Word Count: 390 | Total: 390

7:08 pm
July 1, 2014

lydeck

Almost Heaven

posts 33

Post edited 2:08 am – July 2, 2014 by lydeck

Down to Porre Village

If Demitri had been hoping to find any real clarification to his current predicament in this village, he was to be sorely disappointed. As soon as the young man had entered the village, he was immediately taken aback at the frantic nature of everyone in sight. The people of this village, who he could only assume were all citizens and not mere travelers, were running back and forth like worker ants, boarding up select buildings while shouting warnings and instructions to their fellow citizens. Something was clearly wrong here.

Demitri scratched his head, let out a heavy sigh, and shoved his hands in his pocket as he continued silently passed the people. He knew that he needed to figure things out, but all of these people seemed much too busy to even stop an answer a single question, much less one as complex as he needed answering. The only thing he could think to do was make his way through town until he found someone that he thought could help him. Or, in the most extreme case, try to wait out whatever had rattled these people.

It wasn't long until Demitri found himself near what he could only assume was the town square. There was a fair number of people gathered here, and as Demitri passed by there was a rather strange looking man giving some kind of speech. Rabbit ears? Since when did people have rabbit ears on their heads? Even though Demitri had some inclination that he was in the past, he was pretty sure that people a thousand years ago didn't have such features. It's not like a mechanism like evolution worked over a short period of a thousand years; and he would know since it was a topic of his studies.

Instead, the young inventor simply stood in silence as the man finished up his rousing little speech. He had come in late, but Demitri could piece together that there was some sort of bandit problem in this town. That would definitely explain the frantic nature of everyone he'd come across. In his time they had a pretty good security force the prevented such things, but it was clear that in this time – or perhaps it was just this town – they didn't really have such stout defenses. He could only imagine how bad such a fleeting sense of security would be, like a deathly fog constantly draped around the town.

From the best Demitri could conclude, the faster these bandits were dealt with the faster he'd be given some information. Furthermore, he was pretty sure that he had some tech that could handle a group of primitive bandits, and if that wasn't enough there was at least two others that had already volunteered to tackle this problem. Yes, this would be a cinch.

“Ey, I'll go too.” Demitri raised his hand, motioning at the man with the rabbit ears, “The name's Demitri. A pleasure, I'm sure. Anyway, just what kind of guys are we talkin' about, here?

OOC Talk:
512 words ~ 1,124 total

11:29 am
July 2, 2014

griff

posts 152

The majority of the town acted like the little girl who volunteered, before volunteering. They kept their heads down, backing away slightly from Peter, who shook his head, until the girl volunteered. The idea of bringing the little girl to fight bandits didn't sit well with him, but there was something off about her. Peter's magical awareness wasn't as good as it use to be, but she didn't seem to have any magic powers. That was really odd as everyone he knew had some, even if it was tiny.

Peter nodded to himself and look up at the man always saying he'd join and shrugged his shoulders,
“You people here should be ashamed. You have two people who know nothing about what's going on except people need help and a young lady willing to defend you all.” Peter looked over to the girl and smiled and looked back at the mayor, “Where they at?” The mayor moved back further, “We don't know for sure where they come here. I guess there base is in the north east mountain range. You can probably find a few in the desert just north at their outposts for more information. They may find you before you find them though.” Peter nodded towards the mayor and his two teammates, “To the parents of that young lady, I take her under my care.” He only said that so they wouldn't stop her, but he looked right at her, “But I see her saving my ears before I save hers.”

Peter jumped off the pedestal, his tattered brown robes moving behind him, and began making his way out of town, “I expect a banquet for your three saviors when we get back.” Waving his hands to signal his teammates together, “I'm Peter, nice to meet you two. Any other info we need the young lady can probably tell us as well as the mayor.” As Peter got closer to the two, his weakened magic radar was giving him odd readings. It wasn't just the young girl, but the guy too. Besides the lack of magic, both feelings were similar to the people of this time when he first got her. Only, he knew what that feeling was by now, “Oh! And I don't like carrots.” Carrots were okay, but when people saw the ears they loved to cook him carrots and they were getting old, but he knew there would be some.

OOC:
The mountain I talked about is hopefulyl different than the quest, let's just consider it different.
Words: 403
Total Words: 1209

7:07 pm
August 3, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

Updating this upon request from Griff.
Demitri gains ~ 1124XP, 11TP
Peter gains ~ 1209XP, 12TP
Eruca gains ~ 390XP, 3TP 

Reply to Post

Reply to Topic: Travel Down to Porre Village (Open)

NOTE: New Posts are subject to administrator approval before being displayed

Guest Name (Required):

Guest EMail (Required):

Topic Reply:

Save New PostSmileys

Guest URL (required)

Math Required!
What is the sum of:
7 + 6

Confused Cool Cry Embarassed Frown Kiss Laugh Smile Surprised Wink Yell

Search 

Forum Stats: ( Topics: 101 ) :: ( Posts: 864 )

Membership Stats: 1 Admin, 1 Moderator, 34 Members, 21 Guests

Most Users Online: ( 58 )

Currently Online: 1 Guest,