Homepage     Community     Projects     Portfolio     RPG Directory     FAQ     
CT:EG Update (11.16.20): New RP thread can be found ( Here ) ~ RP Tools link ( Here )
Current User: Guest Login Register
Please consider registering

Search 

Treaure: Lost in Denadoro (Demitri, Peter, Eruca)

Add a New Topic Reply to Post
UserPost

12:32 pm
June 28, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

Lost in Denadoro
The distant sound of running water drifted though the sounds of leaves rustling in the breeze. The mountain path was cool, the lush green grass swayed as the wind blew, the buzz of bees and other insects audible as they passed ones ears. The path twisted and turned as it moved up the mountain, small forks present here and there, visible from the low point you are now standing. Everything appears safe, calm, peaceful. Somewhere on this mountain, as rumor tells, there was treasure. though getting to it could be a mighty task.

This RP is from Demitri, Griff, and Kodokami. A post order is favorable here.

1:58 pm
June 29, 2014

griff

posts 152

Treasure: Lost in Denadoro  
  The Denodoro Mountains. It had been a long time since Peter was here, but it felt like no time had passed. Nightmares still haunted him of the battles that took place here. He was always glad to hear that in this ear, peace reigned. While working jobs in Truce Village, he had heard that there was treasure lost here over time. Could it be treasure lost during the war that he waged here? The rumors say he may even go back further than that. So Peter set out, his air gun in hand, a nifty invention of the time for a weak mage, and brown tattered clock covering his body. Oh, can't forget his rabbit ears. They sure never let him forget them. “There's peace no, time to face these fears.” Peter shook his shoulders and began up the mountain path.

OOC:
Words: 141
Total Words: 141

3:57 pm
July 1, 2014

kodokami

posts 8

Post edited 10:58 pm – July 1, 2014 by kodokami

Eruca walked leisurely up the verdant pathway, her hand brushing broad leaves from protruding branches while she listened intently to the birds singing. The girl loved exploring. Every opportunity to visit the forests and mountains surrounding Porre she took, often using her training as an excuse when in reality she simply enjoyed returning to her native roots, yet not even the Porrean alps could hold a candle to the summit of the Denadoro Mountains. So every summer, when her parents took her to visit relatives in San Dorino, she always made time for a special adventure into the hillside.

She sat at a cliff before a short waterfall, her feet dangling over a river below. Oblivious to whether she dirtied her clothes or not, she laid back and closed her eyes. Not long into her sleepy daze did she hear footsteps from the pathway she had earlier traveled. She got up, sitting on her legs, and watched the man approach. She gave him a smile and waved.

~~~
166 words || 166 total

7:41 pm
July 1, 2014

lydeck

Almost Heaven

posts 33

Lost in Denadoro

Standing before clear pristine waters, Demitri took in a long deep breath. Ahhh, such fresh air. In his time, all of the cities had protective bio-domes around them, saving the enviroment from any polution damage while simultaneously protecting the cities themselves, but even so he had never taken in such fresh air before. That wasn't to say that the air quality in his time was poor or poluted, but was more a tribute to just how special untouched lands like these were.

Before he had set off into these lands, he had been given some vague story about how there was a battle that took place here. Or something. No matter what it had been, he couldn't see any visible evidence of something so violent happening in the area. He assumed it was just because it had taken place long ago, or perhaps he just wasn't being observant enough. In any case, he continued along the winding mountain paths without a care in the world. For the duration fo the day, he was not going to worry about getting home, or meeting Crono, or anything. This was a time to just unwind!

It was some time later that Demitri set up along a path that led along a waterfall, and he began his ascent with a calm appreciation for the white noise the crashing water of the fall provided. A short ways into his hike did he spot two people … hey, wait, he recognized them! It was none other than Peter the Rabbit Man (as he had so aptly dubbed in his own head), and Eruca.

“Peter! Eruca!” Demitri called out, waving to them as he trotted towards them. He gave them both a warm smile “Fancy seeing you two again, and out in the wildness no less! I don't suppose there's any bandits out this way, eh?

OOC Talk:
I'm going to assume that this will take place AFTER the bandit thread, for continuity's sake.
Also, Demitri doesn't actually call Peter that. He just thinks it. :P

333 words ~ 333 total

8:01 pm
July 1, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

Lost in Denadoro
The call of a large bird echoed though the mountain path, the three adventurers had come together. The path twisted and turned it's way to the north, climbing at a steady slope, though not to hard to traverse at this time. To the left a large ravine was cut by years of erosion, the sound of water emanated from it's bottom, where a small stream rushed by. In the distance halfway up the visible grassy slope the waterfall that filled this stream could be seen pouring over the edge, the mist constant around it. The first fork in the path was reachable, one side heading to the left, a fallen tree would lead travelers over the ravine. The other continued north, twisting behind rock formations and going out of sight.

Go which way you will, not set post order, just each of you should post once before I post again.

10:45 am
July 2, 2014

griff

posts 152

Peter's heart lightened at the sight of Eruca. She most likely had no idea how it was here and his nightmares seemed to fade from his mind. He smiled and waved back, “Nice to see you again, Eruca. How's Porre Village doing? Anymore trouble?” The thought that she was up here for the same rumors as he was didn't even cross his mind, until the last member of the bandit killing party showed up. Peter laughed, “They better hope they aren't. Not with us around.” He extended his towards Demetri, “Demetri how you doing? You here for the rumors too? The story makes sense, I just hoped no one got here first. Hard to think this is a coincidence.” Peter moved his head to face Eruca, “You, too? If I had to guess, I say take the path around the rocks. The rumors seem to be pretty old and I'm not tree expert, but if that tree was the path the people took to hide the treasure I wouldn't want to walk on it.”

OOC:
I like that idea.
Words: 174
Total Words: 315

9:41 pm
July 12, 2014

lydeck

Almost Heaven

posts 33

Lost in Denadoro

Demitri gave a happy wave and shake of the hand to Peter as soon as they met. It was good to see someone else that he knew way up here in these mountains, as truth be told he had expected to be all alone this afternoon as he took his little walk. He was going to give a similar warm greeting to Eruca, as they had taken on some bandits together a couple days ago, but as soon as Peter had mentioned those bandits the poor girl looked like she'd seen a ghost.

The very mention of them must have made her sick, because she excused herself and sprinted away all in a matter of seconds. The young inventor couldn't help but feel a little perplexed, and he scratched his head and shrugged his shoulders, “Well, that was … weird? Heh.” He supposed that she was just heading home and wasn't going to make any attempts to track her down. Besides, there was business to attend to here.

“Rumors? There are rumors? Hell, I was just out here for a stroll, when … ” Demitri began an absent minded explanation of why he was here when one of the words Peter had used suddenly shot to the forefront of his mind, ” … did you say treasure?! ” Demitri practically shouted. He had always wanted to go on a treasure hunt ever since he was a child! Of course a quaint little time like this time period would have such things! What kind of adventurer would he be if he shyed away from something like this.

“Count me in, friend.” Demitri patted Peters shoulder, and pointed in the direction of the left path of the fork. He had almost instictively been scanning the area as soon as he'd realized trasure was involved, and figured this to be the best path – he hated routes that conspicuously went out of sight, as they'd be a great place to get jumped. “I say we go 'atta way.

OOC Talk:
Eruca had to bow out of the RPG, so I just wrote her off in this thread. 

341 words ~ 674 total

11:47 pm
July 12, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

Lost in Denadoro
The path to the left lead over the ravine, the fallen tree large and sound though falling would easily cause death to any not focused when crossing. The other side was rocky, the small trail zig-zagging around heaps of stones before the familiar green of the grasses returned. The trail went on straight through the small meadow, the rushing sound of water from the ravine still audible even at a distance. Ahead a dark hole in a sheared wall of stone grew closer, a cave leading into the unknown, the only path left to take.

With Eruca gone you two can continue this.

4:59 pm
July 13, 2014

griff

posts 152

Peter shrugged knowing of Demitri's technology. He didn't exactly know what the rumors say, but of course they could be false. The tree does seem on purpose, but for what purpose. Either way he decided to move across the tree bridge. “This is all unknown land, either path works.” He moved slowly with his arms extended and one foot after the other. Falling would not be enjoyable. 

The sound of the water was calming to Peter as he moved through the ravine and into the meadow. His pace slowed as he saw the cave. He looked towards Demitri,
“You got any source of light?” A green aura glowed from Peter's right hand and he raise it for Demetri to see, “If I focus it in one area, I can make it brighter than usual and make it last longer, but if something happens I may be too drain for when we need it.” The glow dissipated not wanting to waste any magical power if he doesn't have to. Peter moved to the edge of the cave entrance and waited for a decision.

OOC:

Just a reminder of our other thread.
Words: 182
Total Words: 497

9:41 pm
July 24, 2014

lydeck

Almost Heaven

posts 33

Lost in Denadoro

Demitri followed closely behind his rabbit eared companion as they made their way through the path Demitri had chosen. That he'd chosen. It wasn't as if Peter seemed to care which path they'd taken, but the young inventor rather liked these little decisions. He couldn't help but think back to those stories he'd read as a child … the ones where you could make decisions based on what the book gave you, and then turn the corresponding page. 'Choose your own adventure!', he vaguely remembered the tagline being. He must have gone through half a hundred of them!

Once Peter asked about the light, Demitri gave a toothy grin and turned a dial on the device on his wrist. Small orbs crested around the front quickly illuminated brighter and brighter as the dial turned up, until they had a very strong beam of light brightening up the path before them. “Powered by the sun itself!” Demitri proudly proclaimed, never passing on an opportunity to daint any of his creations.

What the light showed them was a cavern that wasn't very large, or at least it didn't go very far back. The earthen hallway that stretched inward from the sheared wall of stone only went back a shot distance before opening into some sort of smaller room. Or would that have been a cavern? Demitri wasn't sure what the appropriate word was for it, but whatever it was called it probably held some interesting things. “After you, sir.

OOC Talk:
Who says that Chrono Trigger doesn't have choose your own adventure books in the future!?

252 words ~ 936 total

10:34 am
July 25, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

Lost in Denadoro
The cave opening was narrow, a fissure in the natural rock wall which opened into a interior chamber. Very little light from outside made it through the opening but the light from demitri's device illuminated the small chamber well. The walls and arched ceiling were jagged, the granite glimmering in the artificial light. Tucked into a cleft at the back of the chamber a wooden chest was just visible, the wood was old decaying.

The chest contains two rings, a Power Ring (Pwr +6) and a Magic Ring (Mag +6) as well as 150 gold. If you wish to post again that's fine, otherwise let me know who gets what and I'll update that and your words.

11:30 am
July 26, 2014

dystopia
Admin

posts 383

Update Time.
Demitri will receive: 936 XP, 9TP, 75G, and one Magic Ring (+6)
Peter will receive: 497 XP, 5TP, 75G, and one Power Ring (+6) 
Reply to Post

Reply to Topic: Treaure: Lost in Denadoro (Demitri, Peter, Eruca)

NOTE: New Posts are subject to administrator approval before being displayed

Guest Name (Required):

Guest EMail (Required):

Topic Reply:

Save New PostSmileys

Guest URL (required)

Math Required!
What is the sum of:
5 + 5

Confused Cool Cry Embarassed Frown Kiss Laugh Smile Surprised Wink Yell

Search 

Forum Stats: ( Topics: 101 ) :: ( Posts: 864 )

Membership Stats: 1 Admin, 1 Moderator, 34 Members, 21 Guests

Most Users Online: ( 58 )

Currently Online: 1 Guest,